We ensure your needs and the defence of your case always come first.
At the police station, we will always:
- Listen to you
- Make sure you understand your options and advise you accordingly
- Be there for you in the interview to protect and advance your rights
Youth Court, Magistrates’ Court, Crown Court or the Higher Courts
Whether your case is in the Youth Court, Magistrates’ Court, Crown Court or the Higher Courts, we will:
- Provide you with representation that meets your needs and wishes, whatever charge you face
- Clearly explain the law and process so that you know exactly what to expect at every stage of your case and can make the best decision for you
- Assess the evidence against you, ensuring we achieve the very best outcome for you
Code of conduct
Section 29 of the Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders (LASPO) Act 2012 provides a code of conduct which is to be followed by PDS staff providing legal services to individuals. The code must, by statute, include duties to protect the interests of our clients and applies in addition to any professional code of conduct.
How to make a complaint
A copy of our complaints procedure can be found in the PDS complaints procedure.